European Film Distribution – CREA-MEDIA-2022-FILMDIST
to enhance the circulation, promotion, online and theatrical distribution of European audiovisual works, within the Union and internationally in the new digital environment; including through innovative business model. The MEDIA strand shall provide support for the following measures:
- Support to international sales and circulation of non-national European works
on all platforms (e.g. cinema theatres, online) targeting both small and largesized productions, including through coordinated distribution strategies covering several countries and encouraging the use of subtitling, dubbing and where applicable, audio description tools. The European Film Distribution support shall encourage and support the wider transnational distribution of recent European films by providing funds to distributors, based upon their performance on the market, for further reinvestment in the acquisition, promotion and distribution (including online) of recent non-national European films
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
– be legal entities (public or private bodies)
– be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:
– Creative Europe Participating Countries:
– EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories
– non-EU countries:listed EEA countries and countries associated to the Creative Europe Programme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature (list of participating countries) Beneficiaries and affiliated entities must register in the Participant Register — before submitting the proposal — and will have to be validated by the Central Validation Service (REA Validation). For the validation, they will be requested to upload documents showing legal status and origin. Other entities may participate in other consortium roles, such as associated partners, subcontractors, third parties giving in-kind contributions, etc.
FUNDS / CO-FUNDING
The available call budget is EUR 33 000 000. Project budget (maximum grant amount): EUR 1 000 000 per project. The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested. The costs will be reimbursed at the funding rate fixed in the Grant Agreement (70%).