NEWS-Media Literacy – CREA-CROSS-2022-MEDIALITERACY
to promote cross-sectoral activities that aim at adjusting to the structural and technological changes faced by the media, including enhancing a free, diverse, and pluralistic media environment, quality journalism and media literacy
including in the digital environment. Media literacy support aims to allow citizens to develop a critical understanding and use of the media. Media literacy is also a powerful instrument to limit the impact of disinformation. To this end, media literacy actions will encourage knowledge sharing and exchanges on media literacy policies and practices. Support envisages the development of innovative cross-border media literacy initiatives and communities across Europe, in a continuously changing digital media landscape and taking into
account current user behaviour among various age groups.
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
– be legal entities (public or private bodies)
– be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:
– Creative Europe Participating Countries:
– EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories
– non-EU countries:listed EEA countries and countries associated to the Creative Europe Programme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature (list of participating countries)
Beneficiaries and affiliated entities must register in the Participant Register — before
submitting the proposal — and will have to be validated by the Central Validation
Service (REA Validation). For the validation, they will be requested to upload
documents showing legal status and origin.
Other entities may participate in other consortium roles, such as associated partners,
subcontractors, third parties giving in-kind contributions, etc-
FUNDS / CO-FUNDING
The available call budget is EUR 2 400 000. Project budget (maximum grant amount): between EUR 400 000 and EUR 500 000per project . The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested. The costs will be reimbursed at the funding rate fixed in the Grant Agreement (70%). The grant will be a budget-based (actual costs).